Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2011: The Year of the Brush

Greetings all and welcome to the Year of the Brush!

As you can see, my lead adventures were somewhat forgotten over the festive season - thanks to Mr. Mario and the new red Wii! - but I have resolved to get a heap of painting done in 2011. I've put together a list of some projects I'd run out of steam on in 2010, so these are first on the agenda for now:

BloodBowl
Being a female hobbyist (a nice chap called me a "unicorn" today at the local GW), I tend to prefer female miniatures. Or at least sets of miniatures that are not entirely on the macho side. Hence my female wood elf team, produced by the obliging Shadow Forge. The "Woodland Sprites" were formed probably in 2008, though I don't really remember to be honest, but they have remained half-painted ever since! And with January being BloodBowl month, I thought it the perfect first project for the year.

The Battle of Frogonia (or something thereabouts)
CanCon 2011 was a sea of people. Perhaps a better metaphor is a battlefield - it was certainly a bit of a battle trying to get around the place! A visit to the Eureka stall proved very fruitful. While Christian checked the catalogue for all sorts of cool and battle-worthy minis, I discovered the adorable little animal miniatures on display. My decision to purchase a single frog standard bearer was quickly overturned and I ended up with an army of frogs! These comical characters inspired the now-in-planning-phase gameboard for terrain resembling someone's back garden, where the benevolent subjects of King Ribbidibit will face the evil pirate frogs (yet-to-be-named)! So painting these is a concurrent project with my BloodBowl elves, to be commenced on Australia Day (hopefully)!

Bretonnian Army
My long suffering (a.k.a. only undercoated) Bretonnian Army will get some brushwork this year. Only a pegasus knight unit and some militia and knights of the realm near completion for this one! To be painted: bowmen, knights errant, questing knights and a whole bunch of characters - a tall order!

Wood Elf Army
Recently acquired minis. Got some good stuff: wood elf battalion, 2 spellsingers, some waywatchers and some older figures. And (yay for birthday presents) the much anticipated (for me anyway) Sisters of Twilight! So, time to make an army list and get painting!

Dwarf Army
Noooo idea what I've got in my little boxes! Definitely a whole bunch of little guys, so my project is to figure out what I have and what I need and start the list and painting the minis.

Z Scale Train Layout
A year and a half or so ago we started working on a layout for a Z scale train set. It's a German steam train of some description, it's been so long since I've looked at the box that I've forgotten the model of the train! We've got an unfinished table in dire need of undercoating and "decorating" for lack of a better word. The goal is to get this done by the end of the year and make a perspex cover for it so we can turn it into a coffee table complete with working train!

Revisions
I'm also hoping to get some revisions done on my first painting projects. The Bretonnian Damsel will hopefully have new highlights and Palomino Pegasus will have a nice finished base!


Now I'm all dizzy just thinking about all the things I've got to do, no doubt I've forgotten some, but it's a big list already! Hope to take some pics and upload them soon, so stay tuned for progress reports!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like some good stuff planned PP,I await with anticipation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, me too! I hope to see some more finished models...

    BTW, my froggie pirates have a new leader: Capt. Pondscum! This is going to be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Har mateys! Captain Pondscum will be no match for the great King Ribbidibit and his magically-inclined daughter, Princess Lily!

    ReplyDelete