Friday, June 7, 2013

Shooting Stars - a new blog!

Hi all,

Part of the reason I haven't been painting lately is that I discovered a new hobby - astrophotography! I kept seeing all these amazing pictures of landscapes with stars in the background and found myself wondering if it was possible to take these sorts of pictures without spending thousands of dollars on camera equipment! Turns out you can ;-)

My husband had wanted a DSLR camera for a while anyway, so I did my research and found one that was considered a good quality, entry-level camera for both daytime photography and night photography. Still just small steps, starting off with blurry shots because I used the wrong lens etc., but I'm happy to report some better results!

Here's a couple of more recent shots:

 
  

If you're interested in checking out my astrophotography blog, you can find it here: Shooting Stars. The post containing these pics and the rest from that session is here:Third night out - EOS 1100D 26.5.13. I've also been posting resources I've found useful and shots from professional photographers I've been following, so there's plenty of interesting stuff on there!

Anyway, planning on getting back to painting this long weekend: Nebula needs a new stat card (I forgot she's meant to have alternate form so she can be Professor Sheratan too!) so we can try out SuperSystem, and I want to paint my ogre queen! I think she'd make an interesting Queen of Hearts for an expedition to Wonderland ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment